Noor Abu Jarad went to sleep at night, woke up in Al-Shifa Hospital. Then was told that her entire family of 8 members were all killed; after Israel targeted their home. She was the only survivor. I wonder how her life will continue from now on..
18 hours ago the update on Gaza was 307 deaths. Now it is 345 deaths! And from 2268 injured to 2560 injured!! This is just astonishing and heartbreaking. I’m running out of words to explain Israel’s brutal, inhuman and illegal actions..
Gaza Health Ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Kidra said the new round of airstrikes raised the death toll from the 12-day offensive to at least 342 Palestinians, many of them civilians.
61 people were killed in Friday alone, Saturday 10, the tally is 309 Palestinian killed so far in this 17 days of slaughter. But who is counting right?
Source: Ma’an News Agency
GAZA CITY (Ma’an) — 22 Palestinians were killed overnight with at least ten killed just since day break on Saturday as Israeli forces continued their military offensive against the Gaza Strip by air, sea, and land for the twelfth day, Palestinian medical sources said.
The killings follow the deadliest day in the conflict so far, after Israel killed at least 52 Palestinians and injured more than 400 on the first day of their ground invasion of the besieged coastal enclave.
Spokesman for the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza Ashraf al-Qidra said on Saturday that Israeli forces had “committed a massacre against Palestinian civilians” in the Khan Younis district in the southern Gaza Strip overnight, killing seven.
He identified the victims as 20-year-old Yahya Bassam al-Serri, Muhammad Bassam al-Serri, 17, Mahmoud Ridha Salihiyya, 56, Mustafa Ridha Salihiyya, 21, Wasim Ridha Salihiyya, 15, Muhammad Mustafa Salihiyya, 22, and Ibrahim Jamal Kamal Nasr, 13.
Al-Qidra also said that 27-year-old Raed Walid Laqan was killed in Khan Younis by an Israeli attack on a home belonging to the Tartouri family.
In addition, 30-year-old Said Ali Issa was killed in Juhor Addik neighborhood in the central Gaza Strip near al-Bureij refugee camp.
34-year-old Ahmad Mahmoud Hasan Aziz was killed by an Israeli missile on his home in Abraj al-Nada in the northern Gaza Strip overnight as well.
Saturday morning’s deaths bring the total death toll of 12 days of Israeli military offensive in Gaza to 309 in addition to 2268 injuries, according to al-Qidra.
The spokesman highlighted that Friday was the deadliest day of Israel’s military aggression on Gaza with 52 Palestinians killed as of midnight.
The Palestinian Ministry of Health confirmed that 71 children, 25 women and 17 elderly people have been killed in Israel’s assault on Gaza as of Friday night.
Israel launched its assault on the Gaza Strip — which it has dubbed “Operation Protective Edge” — in response to rocket fire from the area, which had increased in the weeks before the operation due to a massive Israeli military operation in the West Bank.
10 Palestinians died, more than 130 were injured, and more than 600 Hamas-affiliated individuals were arrested during that operation, which was launched following the disappearance of three Israeli youths in June.
Israel accused Hamas of being behind the disappearance, and in addition to the assault on the West Bank launched nightly airstrikes on the Gaza Strip, which has been under a full economic blockade for the last seven years.
Hamas, however, denied the charges, and many have accused Israel of using the subsequent deaths of the three Israeli teenagers as a pretext for a widespread assault on the group.
Yesterday, the U.S. Treasury accused The Lebanese-owned- FBME Bank, which though chartered in Tanzania operates primarily in Cyprus, of facilitating financial activity for transnational organized crime and Hezbollah, labeling it a “primary money laundering concern.”
For such reason the Cyprus Central Bank seize the assets of the FBME.
US working diligently to undermine Hezbollah, one of the few Palestinians friends in the region.
After news were circulating that Hezbollah and Iran armies will support Palestine, Israel dog barked at US, and US immediately put its power to the service of the Zionist Entity.
“The Central Bank of Cyprus (CBC) announces that, under the powers conferred to it by the relevant legislation, [it] has taken over, as of today, the management of the operations of the branch of FBME Bank Ltd in Cyprus,” the Central Bank said on its website.
FBME Chairman Ayoub-Farid Saab told The Daily Star that the bank had requested the Cypriot action, in order to clear itself of the “unfounded allegations.”
“We are running a clean operation on the island,” he said.
On Thursday, the U.S. Treasury accused FBME, which though chartered in Tanzania operates primarily in Cyprus, of facilitating financial activity for transnational organized crime and Hezbollah, labeling it a “primary money laundering concern.”
“FBME promotes itself on the basis of its weak Anti-Money Laundering (AML) controls in order to attract illicit finance business from the darkest corners of the criminal underworld.” Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, a department of the U.S. Treasury, Director Jennifer Shasky Calvery said in a statement Thursday. “Today’s action, effectively shutting FBME off from the U.S. financial system, is a necessary step to disrupt the bank’s efforts.”
FBME, which originally established in Cyprus in 1982 as a subsidiary of the Federal Bank of Lebanon SAL, is now chartered in Tanzania, according to its website.
According to the Federal Bank of Lebanon’s website, the two firms are “part of the Saab’s financial group.” The Federal Bank of Lebanon, owned by Ayoub-Farid Saab and his brother Fadi Saab, is not named in the Treasury Department report.
Ayoub-Farib Saab insisted that the Federal Bank of Lebanon was not involved in the FBME issue.
“We have two separate board of directors, there are no problems with the Federal Bank of Lebanon and we are cooperating with the Central Bank,” he said, adding that he had met with Lebanese Central Bank officials Friday and would be issuing a statement over the weekend.
Saab denied that the Federal Bank of Lebanon would be affected or forced to sell over FBME’s problems.
The Treasury report, dated July 15, listed a number of suspicious transactions and legal violations from FBME over the last decade, including allegations that a bank customer “received a deposit of hundreds of thousands of dollars from a financier for Lebanese Hezbollah.”
“FBME was involved in at least 4,500 suspicious wire transfers through U.S. correspondent accounts that totaled at least $875 million between November 2006 and March 2013,” the report said.
The finding of the bank as a “primary money laundering concern” opens the process to institute special measures against the bank and all of its subsidiaries. The Treasury Department has proposed applying the “Fifth Special Measure” under the U.S. Patriot Act, which blocks U.S. financial institutions from carrying out any transactions with the sanctioned bank. There is a 60-day comment period from the publishing of the Treasury Department report before any final action can be taken.
The United States has sought to increase pressure on Hezbollah, which it considers a terrorist network, by cutting it off from any access to international financing. Several Lebanese money changers have been targeted over informal fund transfer activities, while the Lebanese Canadian Bank was wound down after being designated a primary money laundering concern by the U.S.
CNN Reassigns Reporter Who Called Israelis Cheering Bombs ‘Scum’ in Tweet, reads The New York Times headlines today.
It seems that the conglomerate media is more worried for sensitivities, than covering Israel slaughter in Gaza. The Truth!
Yesterday the whole world saw the tweet being distributed in facebook, twitter and other social networks the ‘insensitive tweet’ of Diana Magnay, CNN reporter of Gaza war, as many Israel supporter called it. Insensitive? did you watch the video in Tel Aviv today, of ‘extremist’ the New York times called them, yelling “Fuck the Arabs” “Kill the Arabs” at a Anti-war demonstration.
While Gaza is being destroyed, people being indiscriminately killed, the Stream Media worry for for the crowd of Israeli’s sensitivities.
“On Thursday night, CNN correspondent Diana Magnay did a report from a hill in southern Israel, where a group of Israelis had gathered to watch the beginning of the ground invasion of the Gaza Strip. As Magnay described the missiles flying through the sky behind her, the spectators could be heard cheering on the bombardment. “It is an astonishing, macabre and awful thing to watch this display of fire in the air,” she told Wolf Blitzer before signing off.” said the nymag.com
While the number of victims in Gaza is raising by the minute, just today called bloody Friday by Electronic Intifada, the death toll from Israel’s assault on Gaza continues to rise.
“At least 61 people, at least 12 of them children, were killed on Friday alone, the second day of Israel’s ground invasion of parts of the Gaza Strip, and the twelfth and bloodiest day since Israel began bombarding the territory with airstrikes and land-based and naval artillery.
Eight members of a single family, the youngest six months old, were killed when a missile struck their home.” http://electronicintifada.net
Another media war against the people’s rights to know the truth happened yesterday where another correspondent was removed for publishing tweets
Questions Surround NBC’s Removal Of Ayman Mohyeldin From Gaza, New York Times heading reads, NBC executives said privately that the move was motivated by “security concerns” as Israel prepared a ground invasion.
Moyheldin’s reporting of his social media coverage of the tragic beach attack going viral. Mohyeldin tweeted Wednesday about having just played soccer with the children killed on the beach near several hotels where foreign journalists are staying. He covered their parents’ heartbreaking reaction on both Facebook and Instagram. Mohyeldin also worked on a TV package that was broadcast later on “NBC Nightly News.”
The role of the media is to report the truth in the most accurate and unbiased way as possible, what we have seen in the the last almost three weeks of Israel assault in Gaza is a media worried more for Israelis’ sensitivities than for reporting the truth.
“Members of the Society of Professional Journalists believe that public enlightenment is the forerunner of justice and the foundation of democracy. The duty of the journalist is to further those ends by seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues. Conscientious journalists from all media and specialties strive to serve the public with thoroughness and honesty. Professional integrity is the cornerstone of a journalist’s credibility. Members of the Society share a dedication to ethical behavior and adopt this code to declare the Society’s principles and standards of practice. ” Preamble of Society of Professional Journalist Code of Ethics
Israel continues its campaign of terror and murder. Yesterday the gunboats that illegally patrol the shores of Gaza targeted a group a people killing four children and injuring more than 5, 4 other were rushed to the hospital still to know what happen to them. According to the Washington Post report on the attack, the Baker Children are all cousin and they are kids of fisherman, another of the cousin was injured with shrapnel from the missile.
The four Palestinian children that were bombed with missiles by an Israeli terror gunboat yesterday afternoon about 4 p.m, in #Gaza. Look at the first picture where they are visible on the beach and then on the next picture frame being deliberately bombed! #GazaUnderAttack #Palestine
Mohammed Baker, 9-year-old, Ahed Baker, 10-year-old, Zakaria Baker, 10-year-old, and Mohammed Baker, 11-year-old, were killed yesterday afternoon by the Israeli gunboats that illegally patrols Gaza shores. This terror attack occurred in front of Al-Deira Hotel, in Gaza, Palestine during second week of Israel terror attacks on the population of Gaza. July 15, 2014.
Minutes after the gunboats targeted the four children Mohammed Baker, 9; Ahed Baker, 10; Zakaria Baker, 10; and Mohammed Baker, 11. They were killed by the Israeli gunboats that illegally patrols Gaza shores. This terror attack occured in Al-Deira #Gaza, Palestine during second week of Israel terror attacks on the population of Gaza. July 16, 2014. — in Gaza, Palestine.
The New York Times writes its version of the terror attack that mercilessly killed the 4 boys that are seen in the above photo playing by the beach.
The four Bakr boys were young cousins, NYtimes.com said, the children of Gaza fishermen who had ordered them to stay indoors — and especially away from the beach. The NYT shed some blame on the own children, the writer actually is blaming the children for their own dead. But cooped up for nine days during Israeli bombardments, the children defied their parents and went out Wednesday afternoon, the eldest shooing away his little brother, telling him it was too dangerous, Nytimes.com says, the wording on the story is washing up the blame that Israel has on the murder of the four children.
The Washington Post does not even follow the journalistic guidelines for an article, when
started his article on the death of the four children, he started his article
insinuating that the children got killed because of militants used that specific beach to throw rockets at Israel.
“It is not unusual for militants to launch rockets from sites near my hotel. -The Washington Post is making sure to have a Gaza resident telling exactly what Israel have published a million times-. Then the writer gives his impression of the hotel, ” Israeli missiles and shells have also landed pretty close to al-Deira, an old red stucco inn with a large terrace overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. Just a few hundred yards down the beach is the fishing harbor.” William Booth for the Washington Post.
William Booth forgot that the story is about the death of the children, his headline is Israeli strike kills four children on a Gaza beach, finally almost at the end of the article he mentioned the name of the 4 children’s names.
IV GENEVA CONVENTION RELATIVE TO THE PROTECTION OF CIVILIANS IN TIME OF WAR,prohibits the attack on civilians. Israel as an occupier has the obligation to protect the civilians that live under its occupation. If there is a doubt that the civilians are engage in war acts, it should refrain from attacking the civilian population, that what the IV Geneva Convention says.
According to Israel, it has targeted more than 1200 targets in Gaza, killing 205 person, 75 percent civilians, said the UN. That has to say that Israel is purposely killing the civilian population without without regards if they are engage in military actions.
The bodies of the four children Mohammed Baker, 9-year-old; Ahed Baker, 10-year-old; Zakaria Baker, 10year-old; and Mohammed Baker, 11-year-old, are seen here being mourn by his male relatives. The children were killed by the Israeli gunboats that illegally patrols Gaza shores. This terror attack occured in Al-Deira #Gaza, Palestine during second week of Israel terror attacks on the population of Gaza. July 16, 2014. — in Gaza, Palestine.
Gaza health officials said 207 Palestinians, most of them civilians, had been killed in air and naval barrages, in the worst flareup of Israeli-Palestinian violence in two years.
One Israeli has been killed by shelling from Gaza.
I leave here a link for my fellow journalist from the American media to lean again what it seems they had forgotten. Ethics.
Code of Ethics from the Society of Professional Journalists
This graphic was published by ABC World News showing the number of Palestinians killed vs Israeli killed in this unmistakeably unequal war. claimed that the number of casualties are because the “Collapse on a proposal cease of fire” that had broadly been blamed on Hamas. ABCWN failed to mentions that #Hamas was not invited to the cease of fire meetings. Pretty much like Oslo accord where Egypt, US, and Israel decided the luck of the Palestinian people without inviting the Palestinian leaders to the secret meetings.
It can not be “The collapse of….” because a proposal is not a cease of fire, and the proposal not implemented is not the cause to more casualties, but the irresponsibility of Israel that is engage in a genocidal mission in Gaza.
This Is What the Growing Death Toll in Gaza Looks Like: The fatality count in the ongoing attacks between Israel and Gaza has risen throughout the day after the proposed cease-fire agreement failed, said ABCWN Diana sawyer in her facebook page.
CNN continues twisting the facts reporting that, “Israel destroys Hamas facilities” counting residential buildings, schools, mosques, and hospitals as Hamas facilities.
None of the big media outlets had reported accurate, and unbiased news. They old failed their role as communicators, as News outlets, all had failed the people.
by Ahmed A. Balousha
From Gaza Strip, Palestine
To Elbadil Journal
Translated into English by Shadi Nassar
Up to the 14th of Ramadan (July 13, 2014), the Israeli aggression on Gaza Strip is still continuous in the absence of any deterrent. While the international community keeps negatively silent, the (Israeli) aircraft are targeting the houses and neighborhoods; the gunboats are targeting the coast. In addition, the tanks are ready for an expected ground invasion. Nobody can predict the scenario of the war on Gaza, nor the limit to the losses which could occur in this city.
Immediately after al-Taraweeh prayer and while the worshippers were leaving the mosque, a barrage of missiles targeted the house of al-Battesh family in al- Shijaiya, east of Gaza. The house with its many floors turned into ruins. It was filled by a cloud of death and the smell of gunpowder. Eighteen people were killed in this massacre, which is one of others committed continuously by the IAF for eight days without any break or even hesitation. The killing rapidly occurs. The streets of the strip are full of grief and sorrow. The people bury their relatives asking God to rest them in peace instead of the miserable life they lived.
These graves await an entire family. They lived together and they are leaving together forever to Heaven. The family is joining many other killed families. The war machine kills easily under internationally accepted and promoted pretexts, which aim at hiding the truth and covering the crimes of the occupation.
This is not the first case. It was exceeded by another massacre committed against Kaware’a family in Khan-Younis, south of the strip, and Ehmeid family in Beit Hanoun. That makes the Palestinians predict unprecedented violations, as long as the Israeli attacks continue. Some witnesses mentioned that the recovery of bodies was almost impossible because they were mixed with ruins.
UPDATE: July 14, 2014 7:53 a.m