Home > News > ICC decides not to prosecute Israel for Mavi Marmara massacre

ICC decides not to prosecute Israel for Mavi Marmara massacre


image

Another insult to justice was just published early morning today. International Court of Justice in the Hague prosecutor said, that even though there are basis to believe war crimes were committed in the Mavi Marmara in May 2010 when Israel commands aboarded the Gaza bound flotilla and killed 8 Turkish national and one American, the evidence is not “terrible enought” to prosecute Israel, The ICC prosecutor said.

Prosecutors found that while there was a “reasonable basis” to believe IDF soldiers had committed war crimes during the raid, the crimes in question were not of sufficient gravity to fall under the court’s jurisdiction.

Exclusive: Nine Turkish men on board Mavi Marmara were shot a total of 30 times, autopsy results reveal, says the Guardian at its June 30, 2010

On November 6, 2013, Anadolu Agency published an interview with
Retired Major General Amos Yadlin who was the chief of the military intelligence during the deadly raid in 2010 that killed nine Turkish citizens on board. “What happened with Mavi Marmara was a great mistake. Both Israel and Turkey made mistakes and I wish those incidents did not happen. ”

I’m terribly disappointed but not at all surprised!

The day of the massacre in the Mavi Marmara every news agency published the terrible facts, in subsequent days the surviving passangers, victims and witnesses gave their testimony to diverse human rights agencies abd when the blood was still fresh in the Mavi Marmara every person of conscience believed that war crimes were committed. 

Hanan Zoabi the Palestinian member of the Knesset smuggled out one of the memory cards from a canera containing vusual evidence of what happened that day. Ken O’Keefe peace activist and humanitarian human shield witness and victim of the Israeli commands have given testimony of that day.
The videos, photos abd scars still exist of Israel war crimes and what was decided yesterday in the Hague can not be nothing but a charade, a travesty if justice.

Last year lawyers representing victims obtained authorization from Comoros, where the Mavi Marmara is registered, to file a lawsuit against Israel on its behalf. Subsequently the prosecutors of the ICC accepted the application and announced that the court would launch an investigation into the Mavi Marmara case.
Well this was last year, this year the ICC change their mind and say no to investigate Israel for war crimes.

We know that #IsraelWarCriminal committed war crimes and eventually will paid every affront to justice.
Keep the #boycott #BDSMovement will force Israel to its knees and eventually to oblivion, when it disappear from the face of the earth.

  1. November 8, 2014 at 3:29 am

    Reblogged this on Piazza della Carina.

    Like

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: